Choose the guide that matches your configuration.
1099-NEC and 1096 forms can be either eFiled or printed. Both methods are equally supported, but eFiling is recommend because it:
- Saves time and money to order blank tax forms
- Saves times on manual labor to print and prepare forms
- Saves time and money to mail forms
- Allows you to submit your forms early, then cancel and re-submit later with corrections if need be
- Provides an off-site backup copy of your forms
Note that you can eFile the Federal copy only at no charge and print other copies on plain paper to avoid purchasing official red ink blank tax forms.
You can use these guides for 1099-MISC and 1099-INT forms (which are less commonly-used) with two modifications:
- Set the correct 1099 form on the Name tab on Vendor Records
- Use the 1099 Setup tab on Vendor Records in CDM+ to designate the box where payments will be reported
- Choose the appropriate form in CDM+ when opening the 1099 Tax Forms report window
Otherwise these guides are 100% applicable to 1099-MISC and 1099-INT forms.