Choose the guide that matches your configuration.
1099-NEC and 1096 forms can be either eFiled or printed. Both methods are equally supported, but eFiling is recommend because it:
- Saves time and money to order blank tax forms
- Saves time on manual labor to print and prepare forms
- Saves time and money to mail forms
- Allows you to submit your forms early, then cancel and re-submit later with corrections if need be
- Provides an off-site backup copy of your forms
*You may now be required to e-file depending on the nature of your organization and reporting volume. We recommend that you work with your CPA or Tax Advisor to confirm any e-filing requirements set by government agencies.
You can use these guides for 1099-MISC and 1099-INT forms (which are less commonly-used) with two modifications:
- Set the correct 1099 form on the Name tab on Vendor Records
- Use the 1099 Setup tab on Vendor Records in CDM+ to designate the box where payments will be reported
- Choose the appropriate form in CDM+ when opening the 1099 Tax Forms report window
Otherwise these guides are 100% applicable to 1099-MISC and 1099-INT forms.