Released December 30, 2020
Download for macOS
Download for Windows
Step 1: Check system requirements
- macOS 10.13 High Sierra DEPRECATED
- macOS 10.14 Mojave SUPPORTED
- macOS 10.15 Catalina SUPPORTED
- macOS 11 Big Sur SUPPORTED
CDM+ 11.1 WILL NOT RUN on 32-bit Windows operating systems (x86). Ensure ALL clients that will run CDM+ 11.1 meet these system requirements.
- Windows 7 x64 DEPRECATED
- Windows 8.1 x64 DEPRECATED
- Windows 10 x64 SUPPORTED
- Windows Server 2008r2 x64 DEPRECATED
- Windows Server 2012 x64 DEPRECATED
- Windows Server 2016 x64 DEPRECATED
- Windows Sever 2019 x64 SUPPORTED
Deprecated Operating Systems
Operating systems marked as DEPRECATED will not be available in a future version of CDM+. Read more about CDM+ 12.0 System Requirements (Fall 2021).
Step 2: Backup your data
Back up all databases that will be updated to the new version. If you subscribe to CDM+ SAAS or Data Hosting you can contact support to make a backup or simply rely on the nightly backup.
Step 3: Download the installer
Click the link above to download the installer for your platform.
Step 4: Install the new version
Follow the Installing CDM+ guide to install CDM+. This will remove previous versions of CDM+ from your computer.
Step 5: Update your database(s)
Open CDM+ and update your database(s) to the current version.
CDM+ 11.1 Highlights
Please see What's new in CDM+ 11.1.
Changed and removed features
Georgia State Income Tax Withholding
CDM+ 11.1 includes a correction tax calculations for Georgia State Income Tax. Previously the standard deduction was mis-calculated at $4,600.00 for the year for those filing as Married. CDM+ 11.1 uses the the correct deduction of $3,000.00 for the year for persons marked as Married Filing separate Return. These deductions are defined in Table E on page 42 of the Employer Tax Guide. Because of this mis-calculation, it's possible employee state income tax for 2020 has been under-withheld. We recommend review YTD withholdings and, where necessary, add additional state tax withholding to catch up employees to avoid owing any state taxes when filing 2020 returns.
FTP Sync (Self-Hosted Clients)
The FTP sync feature has been removed from automatic backups for self-hosted clients. A file sync feature is not specific to Suran's software and can be accomplished using a number of 3rd party tools.
Multiple Credits and Debits to the Same Asset on a Single Ledger Entry
In CDM+ 11.1, all credits and debits to assets with the same account number are combined into a single item on the bank reconciliation. This behavior has been present in previous releases for Advanced Fund Accounting, but is now present for all clients regardless of the Advanced Fund Accounting setting. This change allows the Bank Reconciliation window to function predictably when multiple asset accounts share the same number and Advanced Fund Accounting is not enabled—a rare, but legitimate configuration.
This change assumes a ledger entry represents at most a single financial transaction per bank account. If you are accustomed to entering multiple deposits and withdrawals to and from a single bank account on a single ledger entry, CDM+ 11.1 will no longer allow you to clear that activity as independent debits and credits. Instead, enter a separate ledger entry for each financial transaction to your bank account. If you have routine bank activity you enter, such as 3rd party payroll, consider using Recurring Ledger Entries to optimize this process.
This change can also cause an undesired impact if you use the same account number on multiple assets to designate separate bank accounts in the chart of accounts. In this situation, re-number your chart of accounts to use a distinct account number for each asset representing a distinct bank account.
Issues resolved in CDM+ 11.1.4
- CDM-8259 Story - Add integrity to check to prevent duplicate offsetting ledger entries when voiding a ledger entry
- CDM-5172 Story - Allow tagging vendors to specific payers for generating 1099s
- CDM-8226 Story - Allow specifying a name on vendors to use for 1099 forms
- CDM-8300 Bug - Error restoring backup through database browser
- CDM-8346 Bug - Automatic backups on Windows generate errors
- CDM-8159 Story - Require databases to be updated before backing them up
- CDM-8160 Story - Add progress when backing up
- CDM-8364 Bug - Batch entry not saving
- CDM-8367 Bug - Cannot modify a non-online, posted Contribution record that is linked to a giving fund without a fee account
- CDM-7891 Story - Allow changing contributions posted through deposit processing
- CDM-8315 Story - Update getrecurringgiftsinfo to return account type
DOC Ministers (General)
- CDM-8302 Bug - Not all radio buttons are disabled on the Credentials tab when in view mode
DOC Ministers (Regional)
- CDM-8304 Story - Rename Standing Code to Order of Ministry
- CDM-8324 Story - Rename DOC Ministry Status to Search and Call Access
- CDM-8313 Story - Create engage.user table
- CDM-8337 Bug - An error regarding a missing ogDatabaseManager class can occur
- CDM-8203 Bug - Fresh install on Windows throws an error about missing msvcr120.dll file
- CDM-8336 Story - Update all places that ferret url is hardcode to use network_utilities.get_credentials_for_ferret();
- CDM-8345 Bug - State tax calculations do not always respect state marital status
- CDM-7337 Story - Implement exemption cut-off amounts for Rhode Island tax calculations
- CDM-7771 Story - Implement Maryland state tax calculations correctly
- CDM-8184 Story - Retry calls to sst.deposit_detail
- CDM-7524 Story - Move the suran_database_manager export and import to use server-side calls
- CDM-8335 Story - Add Access Code to Attendance in CDM+ Mobile