Released October 11, 2010
Step 1: Check system requirements
Check the CDM+ System Requirements to ensure all computers that will run the version version meet system requirements. This is especially important when upgrading between major versions.
Step 2: Backup your data
Back up all databases that will be updated to the new version. If you subscribe to CDM+ SAAS or Data Hosting you can contact support to make a backup or simply rely on the nightly backup.
Step 3: Download the installer
Click the link above to download the installer for your platform.
Step 4: Install the new version
Follow the Installing CDM+ guide to install CDM+. This will remove previous versions of CDM+ from your computer.
Step 5: Update your database(s)
Open CDM+ and update your database(s) to the current version.
Issues resolved in CDM+ 8.2r13
- (Addition) Enable Deposit Processing for all users
- (Bug Fix) AP Vendor lookup on AP Invoice window not consistant
- (Bug Fix) Account Balances report dates are not sorting
- (Bug Fix) CDM+ will now prevent the creation of ledger entries with a 0 reference number. Any existing entries with a 0 reference number will be assigned a reference number upon database update.
- (Bug Fix) Changing address records will trigger a notification to refresh faVendor
- (Bug Fix) Check Summary off Write Checks not sorting consistently by check number asc
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where an automatic reconnect to the database would not re-execute the command that failed correctly.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue with adding checks to the ledger.
- (Bug Fix) Recurring ledger entries showing date field for day of the month
- (Bug Fix) When Multiple items are selected on a Record window and $add is clicked the 'Multiple Message' does not go away
- (Bug Fix) When canceling an entry in Accounts Receivable Payments window, any data entered into the fields does not clear out.
- (Bug Fix) When deleting a check format when there are two it redraws and looks like it took out both. If you bring the window of the check formats back up the one not deleted is there.
- (Bug Fix) When you have 'Process Hourly' Payroll checked an error occurs as the Hourly window is opened.
- (Bug Fix) When you have multiple Results List lines selected in Ledger Entries window, the program crashes when attempting to create a new Journal Entry.
- (Bug Fix) Checks and Deposits not loading on checks/Deposits tabs on Ledger window
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where loading a large number of entries into ledger entires and then selecting the check or deposit tab would result in long time to load a record.
- (Bug Fix) Advanced Finds will now recall correctly on reports and windows
- (Bug Fix) CDM+ 8.2 will not converted orphaned related records from saved searches that 8.1.2 did not properly clean up.
- (Bug Fix) Double-clicking a related record to toggles its matching state works again. Also, adding two related records for the same table with different matching options is allowed again.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where updating advanced finds to the new system would cause problems for customized versions.
- (Bug Fix) The Advanced Find window can now be horizontally resized. This change also resulted in some minor updates to the window to take advantage of available space.
- (Bug Fix) Attendance and Missing Labels One Per Household does not default to either drop down choice when checked.
- (Bug Fix) Missing Labels are not printing properly
- (Bug Fix) Visitor Letter Assignment: Clicking on a line causes an error
- (Bug Fix) Visitor Letter Setup window does not have the 'Change' and 'Test' button
- (Bug Fix) When printing Attendance Labels that include Visitors, the visitors will not print on report.
- (Bug Fix) In any Attendance entry window, if you click the 'Add' button to enter a new person into the database all of the buttons are grayed out.
- (Bug Fix) Attendance Labels 'One per Household - First Names' does not print.
- (Bug Fix) Visitor Master Listing report does not have 'Last Name' in drop down in advanced find
- (Bug Fix) Restoring archive database backups will now restore the database as an archive, not a regular CDM+ database.
- (Enhancement) 2010 COG Reporting enhancements
- (Enhancement) Add a find field to COG for Over/Short Tithes + Over/Short Missions
- (Enhancement) Enhance COG Voting to allow Board Setup from different group types
- (Bug Fix) COG Minister Directory Showing minister with wrong church
- (Bug Fix) COG Over/Short Statements not printing or sorting by church name
- (Bug Fix) COG Treasurer Reports Tithe and Missions Breakdown must equal Total State Tithe and when they do not because of rounding issues force them to equal.
- (Bug Fix) COG Treasurer report/Woman's Reports/Girls Club windows not refreshing Church List if church is added.
- (Bug Fix) COG Treasurer's Report, you had to tab through the Report Month and Report Year before CDM+ will load the percentage breakdowns under Financial tab.
- (Bug Fix) COG Voting Master Control Not refreshing properly
- (Bug Fix) COG Voting Vote Entry. If there is an error on 2nd to last entry clicking continue files the ballot
- (Bug Fix) Deleting Imported Minister Reports will now delete the correct records.
- (Bug Fix) ERROR: column reference ""id"" is ambiguous After Processing Treasurer Reports
- (Bug Fix) Financial Summary report not giving Total amounts
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue finding on Rank in COG Regional versions.
- (Bug Fix) Minister Directory Report is not filtering by Rank/Positon when more than one Disctrict is selected.
- (Bug Fix) Minister records only showing last name. no church info.
- (Bug Fix) Minsiter Report Multi-add - the subsequent reports are showing the same numbers on the stats window regardless of the preference settings.
- (Bug Fix) On TR Report window cannot enter in Adjustment amounts and notes limit to 20 characters
- (Bug Fix) Processing Import Treasurer Reports: If you click the 'Process All' button and then click 'No' to both dialog boxes, CDM+ ""acts"" like it is processing the records even though you told it not to process them.
- (Bug Fix) Searches against user-defined groups will now return sensible results.
- (Bug Fix) Voting Results Report will be sorted by the order elected and show the number of votes casted.
- (Bug Fix) When entering Treasurer Report records for a Mission church, you must enter 0.00 in all values on the left side of the window even though CDM+ shows 0.00 values in order for it to add the amount listed in the Other Giving.
- (Bug Fix) When printing Church Letter Notice (non-Enhanced Notices), you get a Divide by Zero error when printing.
- (Bug Fix) Automatic expiration on check-ins isn't affecting reports
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where other information, groups and other phones would not appear on Check-In Reports.
- (Bug Fix) Individual names on the Check Out and Check In windows will now be fully visible
- (Bug Fix) Validation issue adding a new CICO event. If you do not click on the duration list CDM+ prompts you to choose an expiration duration even though it is defaulting to the last one used.
- (Bug Fix) CDM+ on Windows will now abort an Exit if an open windows prompts to save changes and the user clicks Cancel.
- (Bug Fix) Changing a contribution in Batch contributions will cause one to see 2 entries in the giving list in the upper left.
- (Bug Fix) Daily Report of Giving Line Numbers do not equal the number of contributions on the Batch Contributions Entry window
- (Bug Fix) Difference in definitions of Current Giving on History vs Giving unit window
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue finding on Giving Unit groups from Giving-based reports
- (Bug Fix) Giving Custom Export Giving Fund Account just shows Number not full Account With Description
- (Bug Fix) Giving Funds Window is not properly position cursor when adding mutliple giving funds.
- (Bug Fix) Giving History Window is not calculating the Current Giving
- (Bug Fix) Giving Labels report using Ranges of 0.00 to X showing Giving units above the X Range
- (Bug Fix) Issue when you switch from having the check reader/scanner enabled to disabling
- (Bug Fix) Payment Type is listing a numerical value in the Results List of Contributions Maintenance window
- (Bug Fix) Pledge report for over only errors when printing for all dates
- (Bug Fix) Printing a scanned check listing report from Contributions Maintenance window will not show the scans
- (Bug Fix) Regional Program Giving Export/Custom Listing not showing church Address in Address Block
- (Bug Fix) Regional Program. Error when Using Individual Names in Giving Custom Listing and Exports
- (Bug Fix) SQL Error finding on last entry made in Contributions maintenance
- (Bug Fix) Tabbing to accept a payment type on Batch Contributions under Windows will now redraw the window to show the full payment type
- (Bug Fix) Total Amount field was labeled Gift Amount. Nows says Total Gift Amount to be clearer
- (Bug Fix) When you edit an existing recurring gift, the amount, and giving fund distribution was not retained in Edit mode.
- (Bug Fix) Finds on batches on Batch Contributions Entry will now load the correct batches.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue with Steve's customization.
- (Bug Fix) All find finds for saved searches should now convert correctly.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an error converting databases from 8.1 that had records containing blob data but a null ID.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue that could prevent CDM+ 8.0 databases from converting correctly.
- (Bug Fix) Saved Searches were not converted from 8.1 to 8.2
- (Bug Fix) When choosing an invalid file to convert from 8.0, CDM+ isn't giving a message that the file is invalid.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where multi-level advanced finds would not convert properly to the new structure.
- (Bug Fix) Search and Call references not showing relationship
- (Bug Fix) Setting background initiated date will no longer ignore ministers who've already had a background initiated.
- (Bug Fix) When importing background checks an and existing check is found, don't mark the new check Ignore by default
- (Bug Fix) DOC Regional Change a field under the Min Info tab in System Preferences (PCC or Ord Date in particular), the field names do not change under the tab even though they are changed in drop-down lists.
- (Bug Fix) DOC Regional ERROR: null value in column ""address2"" violates not-null constraint when tying to update minister profiles
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue with a particular find in DOC Regional
- (Bug Fix) Significantly overhauled the internal importing routine in the data import. Focus on stability and speed.
- (Bug Fix) When loading an import file, columns that do not have a CDMColumn selected are checked to import
- (Bug Fix) Email recipients who aren't linked to an individual record will no longer cause an error when sending emails with embedded fields.
- (Bug Fix) On the SMTP setup window, the button to test settings will no longer show database errors.
- (Bug Fix) The SMTP servers list will now list the default server first followed by other servers sorted alphabetically.
- (Bug Fix) The Test SMTP Settings function will no longer hang with specific gmail settings.
- (Bug Fix) Under 'More Options' of e-mail notice, if you manually add a name and address to the list of e-mail addresses, that e-mail will not save and be available to send when you attempt to send the e-mail.
- (Enhancement) In 8.0 and 8.1 conversions, check for an empty frEvent.Description and populate it with "Untitled Event"
- (Bug Fix) Added database-level integrity checks for template e-mail notices (Registration Confirmation and Online Giving)
- (Bug Fix) Fixed a divide by zero error on the Activity Listing report.
- (Bug Fix) Select Individual/Address window not recalling field and operator
- (Bug Fix) Added an additional scenario in which CDM+ will attempt a reconnect to the server.
- (Bug Fix) CDM+ will now remove persistent temporary tables.
- (Bug Fix) CDM+ will now see timeouts when connecting to the server on a previously good connection as a reason to attempt a re-connect.
- (Bug Fix) Databases will now be sorted in the database browser.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed a cosmetic issue with SMTP settings on MS Windows
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where last login date would not update on User Management.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where last login would not be updated in User Management.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where some databases allow simultaneous logins of a single user.
- (Bug Fix) Improved the look of the window toolbar on Utilities under Windows when connected to a hosted database.
- (Bug Fix) Opening SQL Command window does not close background windows.
- (Bug Fix) Optimized saving personal preferences.
- (Bug Fix) The Address and Individual Field Maintenance window: changed 'Find All' to 'Show All' to be consistent with the rest of the program.
- (Bug Fix) User Preferences 'Open menu item' is not saving the defined user settings if Accounting is selected.
- (Bug Fix) When clicking a checkbox directly on check lists, the list will not re-scroll to show the selected line.
- (Bug Fix) When the names of a server are too long, the center pane of the Database Browser becomes too small to see databases.
- (Bug Fix) When you print a PDF report, it creates a tmp file as well as the PDF.
- (Bug Fix) Changed USPS Discount mail so all flats use 5 digit scheme sortation
- (Bug Fix) Update the USPS lookup file.
- (Bug Fix) When running a non-automated, letter mailing, the rate summary is incorrect.
- (Bug Fix) Age display not consistent between Individual Records and reports
- (Bug Fix) COG Indv List maint ERROR: column ""usertype5"" does not exist when trying to edit exclude from reporting
- (Bug Fix) Care group mis-positioned on Address Records tab 1 in regionals
- (Bug Fix) Change in Address records (street address) didn't trigger refresh of Individual Records window
- (Bug Fix) Error sometimes when clicking on the indv list on address records to go to individual
- (Bug Fix) Error when using Individual Names on a giving custom listing report
- (Bug Fix) Fixed a divide by zero error on the Master List report.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue executing advanced finds.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue executing searches.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where certain embedded fields in e-mails would not work.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where selecting 'Visitation Records' from Program > Membership and 'Pastoral Records' window appears.
- (Bug Fix) Full Individual Name displays only first name
- (Bug Fix) Individual Custom Listing Report will now give options to print/not print historical when printing a group using Detailed Tracking
- (Bug Fix) Individual Custom Listing now has List Assignment again under its advanced find related records.
- (Bug Fix) Jump buttons performing a 'Show All' on called window. ie selecting an individual then hitting 'Address'
- (Bug Fix) New Member Listing report is not populating the Date Joined.
- (Bug Fix) Regional Program prompting to add church on address records when it should just notify that it does not exist
- (Bug Fix) Simple Search on Birth Date user cannot enter a month, day or year.
- (Bug Fix) When a record frame is set to load the last find and the last find is advanced, CDM+ will no longer produce an error re-opening the window after restarting the program.
- (Bug Fix) When changing a last name on Address records, CDM+ does not prompt to change Giving Unit Last Names if the Giving Units tab is not yet loaded
- (Bug Fix) membership reports are paging incorrectly when switching between search types
- (Bug Fix) COG Regional Individual Labels totals not equaling the number in Individual Records based on Rank field
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where OI sets would not allow checkboxes and buttons to be clicked if a text field was selected first.
- (Bug Fix) Resolved several issues with Other Information tabs.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where church other information fields would not appear on Individual Letter Notices.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where a database migration could delete attachments and inline graphics from saved or template notices.
- (Bug Fix) Notice Record Frame is not displaying all the recepients associated with the notice.
- (Bug Fix) Pressing escape on the oWrite editing window triggers the Save button instead
- (Bug Fix) Privacy notices not being added to e-mails
- (Bug Fix) Sending an email with embedded fields where the sender is also a recipient, and ""send copy to sender"" is selected will no longer result in an error.
- (Bug Fix) 941 Report not checking the appropriate checkboxes â€” it is checking the 3rd and 4th reporting period boxes.
- (Bug Fix) 941 Voucher form is not prefilling employer info and is inserting ""0.00"" for each quarter that has not be selected on the print screens. You also find ""0"" in the Employer boxes.
- (Bug Fix) Employee Listing does not have the right window title
- (Bug Fix) If a Post payroll bombs out does not file ledger entries but does file AP and sets flag on Payroll
- (Bug Fix) If a deduction is setup with a frequency of ""once a month 1st pay,"" the deduction is withheld on every pay period.
- (Bug Fix) Missing End While Error in regular payroll calc
- (Bug Fix) Modifying a deduction in View Payroll does not hold changes.
- (Bug Fix) Options missing when Employee listing loads
- (Bug Fix) When entering vendors on employee information liability, you had to tab out of the vendor before hitting enter to select the vendor.
- (Bug Fix) alculating Regular Payroll with post processing of 'Open Write Checks window' causes the program to give error.
- (Bug Fix) calculating payroll with show view payroll checked generated error
- (Bug Fix) mployee Information record adjustment of time off does not update the balances until after you close the window and re-open it.
- (Bug Fix) Calculate Regular Payroll columns do not allow sorting of information
- (Bug Fix) Adding Date Entered on results list of the Invoice window does not show a date.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed a number of windows (including Window Options on Advanced Find) that would not open with the correct information on Windows
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where previous searches on Record Frame windows could show a large number of results (10000000).
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where tabs on record frames would no reliably update after saving a change.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue with the grid where if you delete a colum, you will not be able to select the column immediately to the right of the column that was deleted.
- (Bug Fix) In the grid, when performing a search the results list does not scroll up to reveal the first found item
- (Bug Fix) Notice Record Frame Cosmetic Issues
- (Bug Fix) Optimized opening record frame windows and clicking between results.
- (Bug Fix) Record frames will now see previous searches with the same field and operator but different criteria as different. For example, ""Last Name begins with A"" will be see as different than ""Last Name begins with B"".
- (Bug Fix) Sent Notices windows will no longer open with a title of -14
- (Bug Fix) Individual record 'Use Preferred Name' checkbox does not keep the check unless you hold down your mouse and see the check and then still holding the mouse move away from the box and release.
- (Bug Fix) 'All' or 'None' buttons are not redrawing the selection on Membership reports
- (Bug Fix) Daily report of giving will now show all buttons under 800x600 resolution.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where resizing report frame windows on Windows would over-extend the window when the preview was not showing.
- (Bug Fix) Giving Labels report takes about 3- 4 times longer to generate when using the Range option
- (Bug Fix) Giving Search events and Giving Funds list now expand down with with height change
- (Bug Fix) Improved how report frames recall their height and width regardless of preview.
Report Framework/Record framework
- (Bug Fix) User-defined groups will now show search options in Advanced Finds.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed a rare SQL error in Roommate.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where a SQL could occur when adding a department to an event.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where certain types of edits to events would produce duplicate event instance records.
- (Bug Fix) CDM+ will now see errors pertaining to ""server closed the connection unexpectedly"" as a disconnect and will automatically attempt a reconnect.
- (Bug Fix) Drop-down check lists and giver lookups will now be positioned and sized correctly on Windows.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where entering certain criteria into searches (e.g. dates) and pressing Return or Enter on the keyboard to execute the search would load the wrong results.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where the operator could be missing in searches and therefore cause a SQL error when the search was executed.
- (Bug Fix) Simple find Giving Fund on Contribution Maint. If you have a large number of funds the selection list goes behind the dock
- (Bug Fix) Type-to-search on the find field for standard and advanced searches will now behave as expected.
- (Bug Fix) Fixed an issue where CDM+ would not auto-update for Windows users with unusual characters in their user name.
- (Bug Fix) Migration 93 will now report progress while it's run.
- (Bug Fix) Migration 96 will now display progress during reorganizing.
- (Bug Fix) Removed migration 90 as it was not needed.