Aggressive antivirus and security software can block CDM+ during installation and when connecting to its database.
CDM+ needs access to the following resources to function properly:
- Ability to elevate as an administrator during software installation
- Ability to run vbscripts WINDOWS ONLY
- 443 OUTGOING
- 9566 OUTGOING
Local within the same host
- 5898 LISTENING
- 6102 (node application) LISTENING
- Various local ports over 32,000 for communication sockets OUTGOING LISTENING
If you encounter issues installing CDM+ or connecting to your database, try temporarily disabling your antivirus solution:
- McAfee - disable the antivirus protection per these steps; disable the firewall protection per these steps
- Norton - steps here
- AVG - steps here
- Webroot - steps here
- Kaspersky - steps here
Once you've successfully installed CDM+ and connected to your database, re-enable your security software. If launching/connectivity issue re-appear, this indicates your security software should be configured to allow access by CDM+. Consult your security software's product documentation.
If you encounter issues connecting to your data, you may have a firewall blocking access. This could be a software firewall on your computer, or a network-level firewall.
See the list of Required access above for required network ports and access.
On Windows, the CDM+ installer will allow rules for CDM+ to enable outgoing traffic. In the event this fails, you can try disabling the Windows firewall to determine if this system is blocking access.