Select Post Payroll from the Payroll menu. Or click on the Post Payroll button on the Windows pane of the Welcome to Payroll window. If you have chosen under Preferences-Toolbars to show the Payroll toolbar, you may click the Post Payroll icon.
- Select Paid Date (e.g.—Jan 15, 2020) from the drop list.
Depending on what you have specified on the Preferences-Payroll window, you will see one of the following statements: Payroll taxes and other deductions will be posted to Accounts Payable or Payroll taxes and other deductions will not be posted to Accounts Payable.
If the displayed statement is not what you desire, click the Change Payroll Posting Preferences button to the right.
- The Preferences-Payroll window will open. Check (or un-check) the Post taxes and other deductions to Accounts Payable box.
- Press Return/Enter or click Save. The change will be reflected on the Posting Options pane of the Post Payroll window.
- Make sure all employees whose payroll you wish to post have a checked box under Post.
- Click on the Report Preview tab at the top of the window.
The Report Preview pane of the Post Payroll window displays a preliminary posting report which you can review before actually posting the payroll.
Use the scroll bars to view the report, checking to make sure amounts and account numbers are correct.
You may use the zoom tool to more easily see the content.
- To print this preliminary report, click on the Print Report Preview button at the bottom of the window. Make your selection from the Select Report Destination window and click OK.
- If you would like to change the formatting of the report before printing it, click on the Report Options tab (see next manual section).
- Check the Print report after posting box at the top of the pane if you want to automatically print the payroll posting report after posting.
- When you are satisfied with the preliminary posting report preview, click on the Post button at the bottom of the window.
- If you checked to Print report after posting box, the Select Report Destination window will open.
Choose to print the report to the screen or your printer. Click OK and the final posting report (including reference numbers) will print.
- You will get a message "Payroll posting is complete." Press Return/Enter or click OK.