If you have text giving (text-to-give) through Stewardship technology there are a couple easy steps you'll need to take to move text-to-give to CDM+.
Why This Matters
When your account moved from Stewardship to CDM+ a CDM+ giving set was created for all Stewardship donation links, including the one used by text giving. Donors using your text giving after the migration have simply been directed to a CDM+ giving set, just like donation links on your website.
However, CDM+ offers a more robust text giving solution, and you'll need to move your text giving number to CDM+ to complete the migration from Stewardship.
How CDM+ Text Giving Works
Text giving in CDM+ is interactive:
- The first time a donor texts to give they are redirected to CDM+ Engage
- The donor makes a gift through the mobile-optimized donation form
- The donor's account is created and stores their phone number
- Subsequent gifts can be made exclusively through text using the saved payment information on the donor's account
Here is a short video showing the interactive text giving in CDM+.
Set Up Commands
Your current Stewardship text giving number will be loaded into CDM+ during the migration.
You need to choose the funds that will be available via text giving and create commands (codes) that givers can use to make donations.
- Open CDM+ Desktop
- Log in as a user with administrative access
- Go to Program → Engage Settings
- Click Text Giving
- Add funds and enter commands
Move Text Giving to CDM+
Once you've added funds to text giving in CDM+ your current text-to-give phone number in Stewardship can be moved to CDM+.
Simply contact support and request your phone number to be ported to CDM+. This uses a process called porting and can take up to 7 days depending on quickly the providers work.
There will be no downtime while the number is ported. Before the number moves, giving will be redirected to a CDM+ form as it is today. Once the port completes, donors will start receiving responses directly from CDM+.
If you have any questions, please contact support.